Sunday, November 2, 2008

Christmas Caroling

So Lisa, sorry you were not part of the discussion. We are not doing gift exchanges this year. We have decided to go caroling as a family. However, that may be tricky getting us together all at once. So everyone, I think in the best interest of coordinating a time for this event, we need to start putting dates out there. I know most have ward parties, work parties, etc. December can be very tiresome. Perhaps because we are all spread out over the countryside we can do Autumn Winds on Monday night for family home evening. Or perhaps a different night and carol to people that were in our old neighborhood growing up, like Taylors, Christensens, etc. It has been suggested that we get together and make some candy, then deliver or perhaps just bring our goods and divide them into seperate plates. Perhaps Sheri Could do a candy demonstration for all her grandchildren. Maybe make suckers or something. Sorry Larsons, I didn't get any pictures of your family from the cookie party. Anyhow, Dad and Mom I think you get the batton of scheduling a time and activity. Thanks everyone for coming last week it was nice to see my family! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Family of Fun said...

We won't know what Jason's schedule will be for sure. His work shift changes every four weeks until he goes to post. He will be on this shift until the week before Thanksgiving, and then he shifts to Wed-Sat for another 4 weeks (which is most of December). So, if we can swing a Sunday/Monday thing, that is about our only option. I think. We will know more in a couple of weeks. Sorry, that is a hard one for us, only because he is in training and his work shift changes to coincide with whatever trainer they give him to. So, yes, we would love to come. Is that what ya'll are gonna do for the Blacker Family Christmas Party then? Basically, get together, bring treats, and go carolling?

Wagonerds said...

Lisa,
Yes I believe this will be the Blacker Family Christmas party. I don't think anyone else wants to do anything else. Whatever keeps us all going is best. Thanks Pam