Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Greetings from McCall

Parents & siblings (and grandma Lily, of course!):

I just wanted to thank all of you who participated in Megan’s Flat Stanley Project!  Thanks to mom for making it happen, along with those who were kind enough to pose for a picture with the handsomely, slim and adventurous guy!

(Although there was one of you who doesn’t appear to be as happy!)

Flat Stanley 007flat stanley1Flat Stanley 001Flat Stanley 002Flat Stanley 003Flat Stanley 004

 

Thank you, Dad for updating all of us kids on the whereabouts and whatabouts of each of us! 

Congratulations, Steve on a fantastic talk.  I heard (from more than one source how amazing it was). (I got other contacts in your Stake!)  I am glad Ashley has made it back home and has survived her first year of college at BYU without an M.R.S. degree! (as beautiful as she is, I thought she might get swept off her feet by now)  Thank you, Becky, in advance for the bag of clothes…Megan and Kimberly will be ELATED!

Tami, thanks for allowing “Flat Stanley from McCall” into your classroom in Nampa.  The school district is in need of some elementary teachers AND a principal, if you guys ever get the itch to flee to higher ground!  I am sure that Amanda is doing a great job at coaching, as well as making all of the girls run a lap or do push-ups when they don’t obey! LOL!  And I hear the boys are ripping it up on the court!

Greg, I love your new dog adventure – AGAIN!  Didn’t you learn the first time of having a puppy?  Hide all of the shoes!  That’s great and your kids will love it!  It will also give them a good responsibility.  There are other ways of adding to your family size, you know! (just ask us…we have a farm full!)  I am sure your boys are getting bigger and rougher!

Pam, I have 2 bags of clothes for Lily, also.  So the next time I come to mom’s I will try to bring them with me. It is good to see that you survived Spring Volleyball and are still surviving the Primary, even without a consistent nursery worker! 

I went on a walk today and thought I would snap you a few pictures of my journey:

April 2011 148

My driveway is finally clear and the snow is SLOWLY receding from the sides of the roadways.

April 2011 156

Look closely and you can see 2 little kids sliding down the roof-top slide-off in their snow coats, jeans, and rain boots!  (I walked down to get the mail and they were supposed to be riding their bikes)

April 2011 151

The steam off the snow, being warmed by the sun and our 30 degree weather (wahoo). 

The fields are slowly melting and soon we might see GREEN instead of WHITE!

(Just a picture of the treasured WHITE GRASS we grow in the winter!) Smile

April 2011 106

And little Emma hunting for Easter Eggs… in the SNOW!

April 2011 030 (2)April 2011 032 (2)

Bryson, Megan, & Kimberly officially introducing their dad, the new S.R.O. to the Elementary School during a school assembly.

523550557

The Evolution of the Chicken Coupe:

Day 1 - A small box    

Day 6 – 3 boxes cut & taped together    

Day 12 – Normal pullet coupe    

Day 30 – They are out in the barn and are getting bigger!

553554

Just a few pictures of when they were little…and cute! 

We have 10 hens and a rooster (someone gave to us) named Rambo. 

oct 2010 056

And this is Faith and Hope – 2 draft horses that our friends pasture at our place.

April 2011 044

And last, but not least… little Eli’s excitement to hunt for Easter eggs! 

(And Emma’s lovely combination for jammies! – Becky does any of this look familiar? LOL!)

We hope everyone is healthy and happy down in the valley!  Enjoy your green grass, tulips, daffodils, and blossoming trees!  And of course, being close to the temple!  Life is great in McCall.  Come and visit if you want to get away from the city sometime!  We love all of you!

(oh…and if any of you know of anyone who is getting rid of an older, car, Jason and I are looking for one – cheaper gas than a suburban and truck for town trips & trips to the valley!  Please let us know!)

No comments: