Well, since everyone is changing their plans, I won't feel so bad that we have had to change ours as well. I was released on Sunday from being in the Young Women's Presidency and was put in as the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. Well, we WERE planning on coming down this weekend - to see family, to have a cookie party, to go to the temple, for doctor's appointments, but all of that has been changed. Our primary program is this Sunday (10/19), so I will need to be here for it. See, the old Primary Presidency did not plan ANYTHING for a program. So, the kids have learned the music, but we are scrambling to put a program together this week for Sunday. And the new President absolutely loves children, but is a convert and doesn't know much about Primary. We don't have a 2nd counselor yet, so I can't let her wing it alone. So... we will NOT be coming this weekend.
We had changed our plans to come NEXT weekend for the cookie party, family, temple, and Braxton's Baptism, but since that has been changed, too, we are going to postpone our visit for now. Funds are tight and we can't make multiple trips down. So, we have scheduled doctor appts for the kids (eye & allergy) on Friday, November 7. Jason has the day off and the kids don't have school. We will come down Thursday afternoon/night (Mom, you will be glad to know that Jason gets off at 2 PM that day). Our doctor appts are in the morning on Friday and then we want to go to the temple Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. It would be fun to see some of you possibly Friday night, if any of you can swing it. Or even possibly Saturday afternoon. We will head back up Saturday evening.
So, there it is. Sorry you will have a cookie party without us. Obviously we can't make it to everything, but we have to use our time wisely. I hope you all understand. Greg & Tami, sorry that we won't make it to Braxton's baptism. We were looking forward to it, but hope that you understand. Tami, thank you for offering your costumes. I am going to see if the kids still fit into what they wore last year. I will have to get those from you sometime, to use for next year. Thanks for being willing to do that for me, though. So... HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment