12 years ago
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Christmas Makeover
Apparently it is time for new Christmas traditions. Perhaps it is now time for the "White Elephant game", no mom I am not talking about you, lOL, to come into our family. Instead of fancy gifts, perhaps it should only be things that we already have. I don't believe a person has to spend a great amount of money or even any at all on a gift. On the other side of my family, we are doing white elephants and only $1 limit on the little children. Translating into a trip to the dollar store. Perhaps, that is even too much for some, so why not something we already have. I do feel that there is great joy when cousins get together and take turns opening their present. I know mine would love whatever they got. Old books, stuffed animals, etc. I am just throwing this out there, but eight years and up could participate in the White Elephant game. This would mean each individual brings something laying around the house or perhaps a $5 limit to contribute to the game. We need to pick a date and time for our party also. Pannells, what is going on for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think your idea is fantastic! Instead of the traditional sarcastic white elephant, maybe we do a nice white elephant (something that could be worth something to someone else). However, there are no name drawings for this thing. When we get together, we all pick numbers and do it that way. I think your idea is great. We can still get together, we can still give something of worth, and we can still enjoy one another. I say the $1.00 limit is good for the little ones, or perhaps the white elephant (I call a treasure trade) would be good too. We will be here for christmas, but would like to come down sometime in December to go to the temple. Jason has started training with different officers every four weeks. For the next four weeks - his schedule is Sun-Wed 9-6. After that, during Nov/Dec, who knows what it will be??? We will let you know so that you guys can plan something concrete!
Post a Comment